The Haunted Traveler is an independent horror anthology seeking to hold the strange and daunting things of this world. We plan on publishing twice a year!
We are currently open for submissions. Our deadline is September 19, 2014. Please read our guidelines for more information on what we’re accepting.
We accept a variety of work such as Photography, Digital Art, Traditional Art, Short Stories, Creative Non-Fiction, Playwrights, Screenplays, Fractal Art and much more. Please note that this anthology does not accept images in color or poetry. Failure to comply with the guidelines below well result in your submission being returned at our convenience unread.
• The Haunted Traveler is accepting Short Fiction and Flash Fiction, as well as Photography and Artwork.
• Most sub-genres within the Science Fiction and Horror world are accepted; however we are not looking to feature any sort of Paranormal or supernatural romance. We like our monsters to be just that, monsters.
• Contributors are limited to a total of 5 Submissions. Anything over 5 Submissions will not be reviewed.
• Although there is no monetary compensation for being accepted, we will ensure that a copy of the magazine is given to all contributors. This includes a PDF E-book as well as a Physically Printed Copy. If you’re work is accepted by Vagabonds you are granting us first serial rights and nonexclusive electronic rights (Essentially you are allowing us to be first publication and to feature your work on the website). All rights do revert back to the artist and the artist is free to do what they wish with their work. All we ask is that you credit us as publisher of the work if selected. Authors can learn more about rights here.
• We accept these files only: DOC, DOCX, ZIP, RAR, PNG, JPG, JPEG If your submissions are not in the format listed here than your work will not be reviewed. You will be notified via email if that happens.
When Submitting, this information is required.
• Title(s) of work submitted
• Type of work being submitted
• Address information
• Working email
• A short biography (about a paragraph long), this can include other publications, website and other contact information for our readers who like to keep up with their favorite artists and writers.
For Short Fiction
• 3, 000 Words Max. No Minimum. Flash Fiction Welcome
• We are looking for well written, intense pieces. Essentially, we enjoy rather short scenes that can attack us as we’re reading. Something to really keep us up. The ability to immerse your audience into your work is a key element we look at for all submissions that come by.
• All works must be original. Characters must be owned by the author submitting or their submissions will not be reviewed.
• No previously published material is accepted. This excludes material published on your personal blog or other personal website (I.E. DeviantArt, Tumblr, Self-published book, etc).
• Simultaneous Submissions are accepted, however if your work is selected elsewhere you must inform the editors so they can remove it from the review process.
• Excerpts from a longer work (novel, novella, etc.) are accepted, however the excerpt must work as a Stand Alone story.
• All written work must be submitted in single spaced format, Times new roman, 12-14 pt. font.
For Playwrights and Movie Script Excerpts
· We are looking for short, impactful scenes. Writers can submit an excerpt from their play or movie script, granted the scene can work well on its own.
· Scenes cannot be longer than 5 pages.
· All written work must be submitted in singled spaced format, Times New Roman, 12-14pt. Font.
For Photography and Artwork
• We are accepting Photography, Digital Artwork, Traditional Artwork.
• Traditional Artwork must be scanned. We will not accept a Cell-phone image of your work or anything of that nature. If there are questions regarding this please feel free to email us.
• Much like with our Short Fiction section, we’re looking for work that can immerse us, eat at us, attack us! Images can look at more psychological and sociological condition of the world. We love gritty work.
• All Images must be submitted in Black and White.
• The Magazine will be roughly 6x9 space, please keep this in mind when submitting your work. We typically like to have all images be at least 300 dpi.
• We are accepting short comics.
• Comics must not be over 4 pages, and must be able to act as a stand-alone story.
• All comics must be submitted in Black and White
• The Magazine will be roughly A5 (5.833x8.264), please keep this in mind when submitting your work. We typically like to have all images be at least 300 dpi.
Submissions are open. Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org Please send all submissions as an attachment with the information requested above. Any submission pasted in the body of an email will be ignored.